From the inner-city, to communities, to navigating obstacles and infrastructure – all with minimal environmental impact – EXPLORER iLi robots take inline pipeline inspection to the next level.
Self-propelled, remotely-controlled, and fully-articulated, EXPLORER iLi goes where most cannot. With a minimal footprint, the ability to operate in active gas pipelines, and by collecting multipoint data in one pass, EXPLORER iLi is the standard against which all others should be compared.
Our fleet of EXPLORER iLi advanced robots are at the heart of the value we bring our customers. Fully-articulated and tetherless, EXPLORER iLi provides comprehensive data that is comparable if not superior to more conventional methods, enabling visual and non-destructive multipoint inspection regardless of the difficulty of the location or complexity of the pipeline.
When Should You Think About EXPLORER iLi?
The EXPLORER iLi fleet was developed for the inspection of 8- to 36-inch diameter pipelines that are considered “unpiggable” by conventional inline inspection tools.
|Nine Years of Comprehensive Experience|
|Highest vertical drop:||30′|
|Lowest pipeline pressure:||0 PSI|
|400+ Successful Inspections|
|Longest project:||8.5 miles|
|Longest river crossing:||1,200′|
|Highest pipeline pressure:||750 PSI|
Typical EXPLORER iLi Use-Case Scenarios:
- 192 Compliance
- Risk Reduction and Asset Protection
- In lieu of Hydrotest or Pre-Hydrotest
- In lieu of ECDA or validation of ECDA at difficult to access areas
- Inspection of cased crossings
- Inspection scenarios where service disruption is not a viable option
- Roads, highways, and intersections
- Urban buildings and suburban neighborhoods
- Railways, rail yards, and subways
- Rivers, lakes, and canals
- Bridges, overpasses, and other transport infrastructure
- Facility, terminal, and station pipeline inspection
EXPLORER iLi is the Ideal Inline Inspection Tool for Any Unpiggable Pipeline:
- Limited or no flow
- Valves and unbarred Tees
- Short-radius or mitered bends
- Back-to-back bends
- Cased pipelines
- Pipelines without pre-built launch and receive equipment
- Pipelines that must remain in service during inspection
EXPLORER iLi Gives Better Data for Terminal, Facility, and Station Pipeline Inspection
Since 2015, we have been inspecting terminal, facility, and station pipes with the EXPLORER fleet. Once these pipelines are drained of product and cleaned, an EXPLORER iLi robot can venture inside to provide you with the superior data typical of all Pipetel inspections. EXPLORER iLi can:
- Navigate elbows and vertical pipes
- Enter via an existing opening without the need for an additional launcher and/or receiver