The EXPLORER iLi fleet was developed for the inspection of 8- to 36-inch diameter pipelines that are considered “unpiggable” by conventional inline inspection tools.
The Benefits of an EXPLORER iLi Inspection Include:
- Definitive knowledge of the integrity of your pipes with data gathered from proven sensing technologies
- 360 degrees of data for every millimeter inspected
- High resolution magnetic flux leakage (MFL) sensing for signs of internal and external corrosion
- Laser deformation sensor for detecting third party damages such as dents
- High resolution video footage for a complete visual inspection of the interior of the pipe
EXPLORER iLi is the Ideal Inline Inspection Tool
for Any Unpiggable Pipeline
- Limited or no flow
- Valves and unbarred tees
- Short-radius or mitered bends
- Back-to-back bends
- Cased pipelines
- Pipelines without pre-built launch and receive equipment
- Pipelines that must remain in service during inspection
EXPLORER iLi Gives Better Data for Terminal, Facility, and Station Pipeline Inspection
Since 2015, we have been inspecting terminal, facility, and station pipes with the EXPLORER fleet. Once these pipelines are drained of product and cleaned, an EXPLORER iLi robot can venture inside to provide you with the superior data typical of all Pipetel inspections. EXPLORER iLi can:
- Navigate elbows and vertical pipes
- Enter via an existing opening without the need for an additional launcher and/or receiver
Typical EXPLORER iLi Use-Case Scenarios:
- 192 Compliance
- Risk Reduction and Asset Protection
- In lieu of Hydrotest or Pre-Hydrotest
- In lieu of ECDA or validation of ECDA at difficult to access areas
- Inspection of cased crossings
- Natural gas inspection scenarios where service disruption is not a viable option
- Roads, highways, and intersections
- Urban buildings and suburban neighborhoods
- Railways, railyards, and subways
- Rivers, lakes, and canals
- Bridges, overpasses, and other transport infrastructure
- Facility, terminal, and station pipeline inspection
Our Services Include:
End-to-end Project Management
When you’re conducting a robotic inline inspection of a challenging or “unpiggable” pipeline, the complications multiply. Our service-oriented and engineering mindset influences all of our planning, operations, and analytical functions ensuring methodical, seamless, reliable execution every time.
- Multi-disciplinary project leaders
- Pipetel Solution Managers handle all pre- and post-project management, connecting with the customer’s Integrity Engineering Team
- PM responsibility shifts to our on-site Pipetel Team Leaders during inspection
- Team Leader functions mirror Pipeline Operator functions for easy cross-communications
- Real-time data feeds for Pipeline Operators and Integrity Engineers to view
- Real-time project updates via email and SMS
Comprehensive Data Reports
More than ensuring industry and legal compliance, the data we provide our customers allows them to make smart, informed decisions about their assets: do they have issues, how severe are they, as well as how they should get prioritized for repair and maintenance.
EXPLORER iLi’s sensors can identify pipeline topography and provide data across a multitude of touchpoints.
Our data reports are also customized based on client specifications.
Inline Charging Technology
For longer robotic pipeline inspections, our Inline Charging (ILC) technology extends the inspection range. When the EXPLORER iLi robot needs recharging, the Pipetel operator positions the robot under a 2″ fitting where Pipetel’s proprietary Inline Charging technology is deployed to recharge the robot.
Once the charge is completed, the EXPLORER iLi robot resumes inspection. The Inline Charging process is repeated as required until the entire pipeline inspection is completed.
Contact Us About Our Services: