We are seeking a Health & Safety Compliance Coordinator with relevant experience to join our Unique Ability Team. In this role, you will use your resourcefulness and superior record keeping to ensure the organization’s engineering and field service efforts are supported to meet compliance requirements.
- Attend to compliance related duties, guaranteeing the company adheres to current legal, industry, and internal regulations pertaining to:
- Workplace Health & Safety (US and Canada)
- Drug and Alcohol
- Operator Qualification
- Internal Training Qualification
- Web Maintenance (Web System, ISNET World, CCS, Veriforce, Power Advocate, PEC)
- Prepare and manage program manuals, monitor certification renewals, submit enrollments, permits, and validate all necessary paperwork to meet established deadlines. Maintain relevant documentation to track status, create reports, and provide updated information for management, clients, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with all functional groups and JHSC with the development, implementation and maintenance of internal and site-specific workplace health & safety policies and programs. Maintain related personnel training records to qualify all employees and ensure they are up-to-date to achieve maximum staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Address all compliance related inquiries, issues, and responses in a timely manner. Correspond with clients and agents while displaying patience, sound judgement, and professionalism under pressure.
- Perform regular reviews with functional staff to evaluate requirements and proactively identify compliance deficiencies ensuring they are resolved appropriately. Work with Management to make adjustments and corrections pertaining to compliance processes to achieve organizational and operational objectives.
- Other related duties as may be required.
- Post secondary education: University degree or College diploma.
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and industry regulations. Understanding of industrial guidelines and compliance standards.
- Strong customer service focus with exceptional written/verbal communication skills and the ability to speak confidently with clients and external agencies.
- Attention to detail, take pride in organizational skills with ability to manage time and prioritize work under pressure.
- Adaptable self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be proficient in MS programs: Outlook, Excel, Word (MS Project is an asset); possess the aptitude for learning new software.
- Prior experience in a regulatory, health & safety, or compliance function.
- Interest in or background related to technical industries.
Pipetel offers its employees competitive compensation, a bonus system based on company performance, health coverage/benefits and a supportive work environment. To apply, please send your résumé in PDF format. If you are passionate about what you do, we look forward to hearing from you: HR@pipetelone.com.