As a Field Robotics Operator you will qualify, operate, and maintain Pipetel’s fleet of inspection robots. Deployed across North America, our Operations Team delivers inspection services to our clients’ natural gas pipeline infrastructure using exceptional technology in a professional atmosphere.
- Work as a member of the Operations Team to inspect natural gas pipelines by operating our robotic pipeline inspection systems.
- Perform routine maintenance and basic service repairs of various equipment and technologies.
- Follow procedures and quality control protocols to ensure equipment is operating to its maximum potential.
- Ensure areas and tools designated for service use are kept clean and organized.
- Provide clear and accurate communication to your Team Lead and fellow team members to promote the success of the operation.
- Generate various forms of documentation (e.g. Service Reports, Daily Logs, etc.) to ensure proper record keeping is maintained for follow-up.
- Be ready and willing to take on challenges, to aid your team members in any way you can.
- Be safety minded — safety comes first.
- College diploma or University degree in a technical discipline.
Experience and Qualifications
- Valid Driver’s License (full G).
- Valid Canadian Passport and ability to legally obtain United States work permits.
- Availability to travel up to 65% of the time within North America; ability to work non-standard work days/hours as necessary.
- Hands-on skills, mechanically inclined.
- Computer skills including general computer activities, data entry, Microsoft Office.
- Visualize objects in 3D (e.g. spatial sense, read assembly drawings, etc.).
- Prior experience in Field Operations.
- Experience with pipeline infrastructures.
- An interest or background related to robotics.
- Troubleshooting experience (mechanical or electrical).
Pipetel offers its employees competitive compensation, a bonus system based on company performance, health coverage/benefits and a supportive work environment. To apply, please send your résumé in PDF format. If you are passionate about what you do, we look forward to hearing from you: email@example.com.