Self-propelled, remotely-controlled, and fully-articulated, EXPLORER iLi goes where most cannot. With a minimal footprint, the ability to operate in active pipelines, and by collecting multipoint data in one pass, EXPLORER iLi is the standard against which all others should be compared.
Our fleet of EXPLORER iLi advanced robots are at the heart of the value we bring our customers. Fully-articulated and tetherless, EXPLORER iLi provides comprehensive data that is comparable if not superior to more conventional methods, enabling visual and non-destructive inspection with multipoint data collection of natural gas transmission and distribution pipelines regardless of the difficulty of the location or complexity of the pipeline.
|Seven years of comprehensive experience|
|Highest vertical drop:||30’|
|Lowest pipeline pressure:||0 PSI|
|350+ successful inspections|
|Longest project:||8.5 miles|
|Longest river crossing:||1,200’|
|Highest pipeline pressure:||750 PSI|
How It Works
Through-out the inspection process, live video images of the pipeline and integrity data are streamed to both the Pipetel and pipeline operators. These functions are performed without the need of a tether and without any interruption to local natural gas services.
Pipetel’s Inline-Charging Technology for Unpiggable Pipeline Inspection
This video will explain Pipetel’s proprietary inline charging technology that extends the range of our EXPLORER iLi robotic inline inspection services for unpiggable natural gas pipelines.
When should you think about EXPLORER iLi?
The EXPLORER iLi fleet was developed for the inspection of 8- to 36-inch diameter natural gas pipelines that are considered “unpiggable” by conventional inline inspection tools.
EXPLORER iLi is the ideal inline inspection tool
for any natural gas pipeline:
- Limited or no flow
- Valves and unbarred Tees
- Short-radius or mitered bends
- Back-to-back bends
- Cased pipelines
- Pipelines without pre-built launch and receive equipment
- Pipelines that must remain in service during inspection
Typical EXPLORER iLi use-case scenarios:
- 192 Compliance
- Risk Reduction and Asset Protection
- In lieu of Hydrotest or Pre-Hydrotest
- In lieu of ECDA or validation of ECDA at difficult to access areas
- Inspection of cased crossings
- Inspection scenarios where service disruption is not a viable option
- Roads, highways, and intersections
- Urban buildings and suburban neighborhoods
- Railways, railyards, and subways
- River, lakes, and canals
- Bridges, overpasses, and other transport infrastructure
(see our Use-cases section for a more comprehensive review)