Pipetel has been inspecting 8 inch gas transmission pipelines since 2010 that were previously unpiggable due to operational and configuration limitations.
Now our Explorer 8 is equipped with:
- high resolution MFL sensors for measuring metal loss
- Laser Deformation sensors for measuring deformations including dents and ovality
- high resolution cameras for visual inspection
Similar to other Explorer robots in our fleet. Explorer 8 inpsects unpiggable pipelines with no interruption to the gas service as it is tetherless and self-propelled.
Continue reading “April 2015 (2)”
Pipetel inspects 6 to 36 inch natural gas pipelines that are unpiggable by free-swimming, inline inspection tools and that are tightly integrated with other urban infrastructure.
- no interruption of gas services during inspection
- Pipetel inspects 6 to 36 inch diameter unpiggable pipelines
- high resolution Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL) Sensors measure metal loss
- Laser Deformation Sensors measure deformations including dent and ovality
- high resolution cameras for detailed visual inspection
- detailed actionable customized reporting
Going to the UPSF or AGA Operations Conference in May?
Pipetel is exhibiting and co-presenting at both events.
Continue reading “April 2015”